Sahara desert and Sand dunes
The Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Red Sea to the east, the Mediterranean Sea to the north, and the Sahel savanna to the south form the borders of the Sahara. The vast desert stretches across ten countries (Algeria, Chad, Egypt, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Sudan and Tunisia).
The Sahara desert includes a diverse range of physical features, but it is best known for its sand dune fields, which are frequently shown in films. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, the dunes can reach about 600 feet (183 meters) in height and cover about 25% of the desert.
Tizi n Tichka
Tizi n’Tichka (Berber languages: ⵜⵉⵣⵉ ⴻⵏ ⵜⵉⵛⴾⴰ , romanized: Tizi en Ticka; Arabic: تيزي ن تيشكا ) is a Moroccan mountain pass that runs through the High Atlas Mountains and connects the south-east of Marrakesh with the city of Ouarzazat. It is located above the vast plains of Marrakesh and serves as a gateway to the Sahara Desert.
Snow is likely to fall on the pass from November to March, but the strong sun keeps it warm all year. It is the highest significant mountain pass in North Africa, standing at 2,260 meters (7,415 feet) above sea level. The route was built by the French military in 1936 over an existing caravan trail and is now part of National Route 9. (formerly Route P-31)
- Unforgettable 14 Things To Do In Morocco
- Visit Unesco World Heritage Sites In Morocco: Top 6
- Morocco Adventure Sports
- Moroccan Culture And Traditions
- Where To Go At Night In Marrakech
- Languages in Morocco
- Atlas Mountains
- Moroccan Cuisine
- Top 3 Cities to Visit in Morocco While You Travel Morocco
- Facts About Camels or Dromedaries
- Morocco Date Palm Tree: Everything you need to know
- Desert Fox Morocco – Facts About Fennec Foxes
- Morocco’s Souks Meaning
- THE OUZOUD WATERFALLS IN MOROCCO
- Some travel experiences in Morocco
- Sahara Desert: All About sahara desert
- Travel to Morocco from USA 2022
- Things Morocco is known for
- Morocco goats climbing Argan tree: Goats in trees
- What to drink with Moroccan food
- Benefits of Moroccan Argan Oil
- Fatima Hand Meaning: Facts and what does it mean?
- What to know before you visit Morocco
- Honeymoon in Morocco: All You Need to Know
- Top 10 Places to Visit in Morocco 2023