Ifrane is a Moroccan town located in the Middle Atlas Mountains. It’s recognized for its alpine architecture and proximity to ski slopes and woods. A well-known feature is a stone lion statue near the lush Parc la Prairie. Ain Vittel is a spring with multiple waterfalls located just outside of town. To the west, the Atlas cedar forests of Ifrane National Park are home to rare Barbary macaques.
The Ziz River (Arabic: wad ziz or nahr ziz) is a river that flows through Morocco and Algeria in the south. Its source is in Morocco’s High Atlas Mountains, and it runs 282 kilometers (175 miles) into Algeria’s Sahara Desert. The Ziz riverbed has long been used to facilitate human movement over the mountainous region, despite the fact that water flow is sporadic.
Errachidia, Erfoud, and Sijilmassa are cities along the Ziz river. Near Errachidia, there is a dam with hydropower producing capacity on the Ziz.
- Some travel experiences in Morocco
- Sahara Desert
- Travel to Morocco from USA 2022
- Things Morocco is known for
- Morocco goats climbing Argan tree
- What to drink with Moroccan food
- Benefits of Moroccan Argan Oil
- Fatima Hand Meaning
- What to know before you visit Morocco
- Honeymoon in Morocco
- Top 10 Places to Visit in Morocco