5 Days Morocco tour from Marrakech
In the eastern portion of the High Atlas Mountains in Morocco, close to the town of Tinerhir, you’ll find a series of limestone river canyons known as the Todgha Gorges. During the last forty kilometers that they go through the mountains, the Todgha and Dades Rivers, which are located nearby, are responsible for sculpting these steep canyon walls into a deep and narrow formation.
The Amazigh have been in North Africa since 3000 BCE, and many can trace their ancestors to Yemen and other Middle Eastern countries. Over 80% of Moroccans identify as Berber or Amazigh, and the Atlas Mountains range, which runs the length of the country like a strong spine, is home to the vast majority of them. Most identify as Muslims, and in addition to Arabic, they speak Tamazight, which is their own language. It’s worth noting that, despite the fact that Amazighs make up the majority of the population, their language has only been taught in schools since 2009.
- Some travel experiences in Morocco
- Sahara Desert
- Travel to Morocco from USA 2022
- Things Morocco is known for
- Morocco goats climbing Argan tree
- What to drink with Moroccan food
- Benefits of Moroccan Argan Oil
- Fatima Hand Meaning
- What to know before you visit Morocco
- Honeymoon in Morocco
- Top 10 Places to Visit in Morocco