Hight Atlas mountains
The High Atlas ranges from the Atlantic Ocean in the west to the Moroccan-Algerian border in the east. The range drops dramatically into the Atlantic and southwest, creating a dramatic transition to the coast and the Anti-Atlas range. To the north, in the direction of Marrakech, the mountain drops more gradually.
Toubkal National Park has Jbel Toubkal, the range’s highest summit at 4,167 meters (2.589 miles; 13,671 ft). The range serves as a weather system barrier in Morocco, separating the Sahara from the Mediterranean and continental zones to the north and west. Winter sports are possible because snow falls frequently at the massif’s higher elevations. Snow can be found on the northern slopes of the High Atlas well until late spring. The Western High Atls is home to Oukameden, one of Morocco’s three important ski resorts.
The High Atlas forms the basins of multiple river systems. The majority of the year-round rivers flow north, supporting towns. A number of wadis and seasonal rivers come to an end in the deserts to the south and plateaux to the east of the highlands.
Merzouga is a small magnetic settlement in the middle of the deserts that serves as one of the Sahara’s gates. It’s Erg Chebbi land, a world of dunes, palm trees, paths, and hikes. Explore the vast sand dunes drenched in sunlight and surrounded by a magical ambience as you wander around the desert.
The adjacent desert is the center of life in Merzouga, and the most real way to experience it is on a camel. Riding a camel across the golden sand dunes to the desert camp is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
The Merzouga desert is brimming with surprises. Immerse yourself in its golden sand dunes and be transported to another dimension!
- Top 3 Cities to Visit in Morocco: A Guide for Your Next Holiday
- Facts About Camels or Dromedaries
- Morocco Date Palm Tree: Everything you need to know
- Desert Fox Morocco – Facts About Fennec Foxes
- Morocco’s Amazing Souks: best souks in Morocco
- THE OUZOUD WATERFALLS IN MOROCCO
- Some travel experiences in Morocco
- Sahara Desert: All About sahara desert
- Travel to Morocco from USA 2022
- Things Morocco is known for
- Morocco goats climbing Argan tree: Goats in trees
- What to drink with Moroccan food
- Benefits of Moroccan Argan Oil
- Fatima Hand Meaning: Facts and what does it mean?
- What to know before you visit Morocco
- Honeymoon in Morocco: All You Need to Know
- Top 10 Places to Visit in Morocco 2023